Try Our FREE Juice Detox!
VEGAN SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS AND SQUASH
This vegan spaghetti and meatballs ingredient list probably isn’t similar to your Grandma’s, but it’s loaded with flavor, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Plus, it’s gluten-free and plant-based too!
Using squash as spaghetti “noodles” is a healthier choice than regular noodles and tops the list for easy vegan dinner ideas. The same goes for the vegan mushroom meatballs.
While preparing this recipe, you will love the smell of the fresh tomato sauce filling the air of your home, just like grandma used to make.
If you’re trying to substitute or makeover recipes into healthier versions for you or your loved ones, this vegan spaghetti and meatballs recipe is a must try!
Use a food processor or high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix.
If you try this recipe, be sure to let everyone know by rating it in the comments! HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
Vegan Spaghetti and MeatballsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/2 carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2/3 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- ½ Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats ground
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-16 oz can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 2 fresh sage leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Place both halves cut side down into a baking dish with about ½” water in the bottom. Place in oven. Check after 30 minutes. If flesh is cooked through, remove from oven. If not, return to oven and check every 10 minutes. Allow squash to cool and rake the flesh with a fork to break up the strands.
- While squash is cooking combine pecans, walnuts, carrot and celery in high power blender or food processor, secure lid and puree.
- For Vitamix: With your tamper ready through the lid plug, start on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/HIGH. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blade until pureed.
- Add in mushrooms, herbs and nutritional yeast and process until well combined.
- For Blendtec: Pulse 5-7 times for 3 seconds each.
- For Vitamix: Blend on Variable Speed 3 for 20 seconds, using the tamper.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and mix in oats by hand. (May need to add more oats to get a consistency that will form balls)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray cooking spray onto a baking sheet.
- Roll mixture into balls, about 2 tablespoons large. Place balls on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes before flipping. Bake another 20-30 minutes or until browned and crunchy on the outside.
- While meatballs and spaghetti squash are cooking, heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add in garlic and onions cooking until onions are translucent. Add in chili flakes and balsamic vinegar. Allow to cook for a few minutes or until vinegar is thick. Add in tomatoes and allow simmering for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Before serving sauce, stir in herbs.
- Scrape squash to get spaghetti-like noodles.
- Plate squash on 4 plates. Top each serving with sauce and “meatballs”.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“Perfect plate to fool people who think healthy foods cannot be that good!”
“My father in law who is not fan of healthy foods LOVED this plate… he admitted that the smell made his mouth water way before he actaully tasted them (vegan mushroom meatballs) for first time. WIN!”
“Fantastic, will be raving about it for awhile.”
“It doesn’t take much time to make and is so good for you! I would say it definitely takes less time to make than regular spaghetti and meatballs from scratch, which is a huge plus on both sides.”
SPAGHETTI SQUASH HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
A one cup serving of spaghetti squash contains several minerals that are vital to good health.
The dominant mineral is manganese.
Only needed in small amounts, manganese aids in the production of healthy bones, tissues and sex hormones.
It also plays a part in metabolism, regulation of blood sugar, absorption of calcium and the functioning of the nervous system.
Spaghetti squash is low calorie, with only 42 calories a serving, and is a great addition to any diet but it also has a fair amount of fiber which helps in weight reduction as it makes you feel fuller longer.