Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Get Free Downloads For Your Health
CHUNKY CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
This is a SUPER EASY YET DELICIOUS chicken tortilla soup recipe that packs in a huge amount of vegetable servings AND flavor – for when you don’t have a lot of time and still want a healthy meal that satisfies.
It’s perfect for lunch or dinner, as the main meal or even an appetizer!
In fact you can make it vegetarian by simply leaving out the chicken chunks.
Easily make countless variations by pulsing in more vegetables or leftovers, such as rice or pasta noodles in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender.
For a richer flavor, try adding one 2 inch cube of sharp cheddar cheese!
Make sure to join our Blender Babes community for more easy and delicious soup recipes. If you try this recipe, share your rating with us below!
Note: Blender Babes now wear Activewear
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 Roma or other small tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 3 to 4 sweet peppers
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato bouillon**
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups water*
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 1 cup corn drained
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- *May use cold, warm, or hot water. If using cold water, will have to run MINIMUM 3-6 minutes depending on high power blender used (if regular blender chop ingredients, blend and heat on the stove)
- Place all ingredients in the jar in order listed
- For Blendtec: Press the Soup or 90 Second Button (2-3 times if using cold water)
- For Vitamix and other variable speed power blenders: Use soup setting OR select Variable Speed 1. Turn on machine and quickly increase to speed 10/HIGH. Run for 6 (if using cold water)
- Add additional ingredients and PULSE 3-5 times (or add to warming blend on stovetop)
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
FUN FACTS & HEALTH BENEFITS OF TOMATO
Tomato is the only fruit in this vegetable soup medley.
In earlier times, many people believed tomatoes were poisonous, so they did not become popular until later years.
Luckily it did!
They are synonymous with lycopene, the phytonutrient that protects against cancer in humans. A USDA Agricultural Research Service study found that lycopene levels were about three times greater in organic vs. regular ketchup.
Because this organic advantage probably applies to all tomato products, choose organic tomatoes and tomato products when possible.
How to Select and Store: Look for organic tomatoes that have a deep, rich color, which indicates a high level of lycopene.
The skins should be smooth and without soft spots.
Ripe tomatoes yield to slight pressure and smell sweet.
To ripen at home, keep them at room temp out of direct sunlight.
To speed up ripening, place tomatoes in a paper bag with a banana or apple.