Try our FREE Juice Detox!
BLENDED ICED MOCHA FRAPPE COFFEE RECIPE
If you calculated the total amount of money you have spent at your local Starbucks, you could have probably bought several high powered blenders by now! Instead, make an iced blended mocha frappe coffee just like your favorite barista in a Blendtec or Vitamix blender, since they are what your favorite coffee shop uses! Just make sure to indulge in this frozen drink several hours before bedtime—it gets its flavor from strong brewed coffee. Make a big batch of this homemade coffee treat for the whole family before work/school, and we guarantee that this will replace your expensive, local coffee shop or drip coffee addiction. Of course, you can ditch the caffeine and it’s just as good!
For an extra creamy drink try fat free half and half, or sometimes we use a flavored non-dairy creamer like So Delicious. And finally, you may use instant coffee granules for the real thing, or a shot of espresso instead. As we say, use what you got! Being the Blender Babes that we are, of course we snuck a good-for-you ingredient that no one will know is there (heeheeeheeee). Obviously, it’s just fine without CABBAGE, but if no one knows the difference, we won’t tell if you don’t!
- 1/3 cup mocha mix
- 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 3/4 cup strong coffee (chilled)
- 1/4 cup green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon honey or other sweetener
- 2 cups ice
- Place Ingredients in the jar as listed
- For Blendtec: Press SMOOTHIE button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 30 seconds or until desired consistency.
- Top with coconut flakes, chocolate syrup, or other garnish.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
A growing body of research shows that coffee drinkers, compared to nondrinkers, are less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia. They also have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes. (Source: WebMd)
Cabbage provide healthy levels of vitamin C and various phytonutrients, including flavonoids, indoles, and sulforaphone. The indoles in cabbage may help prevent breast cancer, and sulforaphane and incolde-3-carbinol have been shown to help the liver rid itself of toxins and to prevent cancer.
Blender Babes believes moderation is key. Limit coffee drinks to 1 cup per day.