Try our FREE Juice Detox!
VEGETARIAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
This quick and easy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup doesn’t require you to saute, steam, or do anything other than toss these everyday ingredients into your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender with some seasoning and VÓILA! A nutritious vegetable soup recipe packing tons of flavor in only a few minutes. Try adding a little hot sauce or jalapeno to this healthy soup if you like it HOT and SPICY! We LOVE making it chunky, so go ahead and pulse in your favorite ingredients such as beans, corn, avocado, tortilla chips, and more (leave out the chicken in the video, of course!)
Make your own taco seasoning: Makes 1 ounce – In a small bowl, mix together 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- 3 Roma or other small tomatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 3 to 4 sweet peppers
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups water*
- *May use cold, warm, or hot water. If using cold water, will have to run MINIMUM 3-6 minutes depending on blender used.
- Place all ingredients in the jar in order listed
- For Blendtec: Press the Soup Button (2-3 times if using cold water)
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 6-10 minutes (if using cold water)
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Cilantro is featured in dishes cooked everywhere from Spain to Mexico, the Middle East to South America. The fresh leafs are often sprinkled over the tops of dishes, and the root is used in Thailand to give that distinctly powerful flavor to local dishes. You may already know that cilantro is one of the main ingredients in the salsa at your favorite Mexican restaurant. This herb isn’t just a commonly-used leaf and seed ingredient found in many tasty and exotic recipes, it’s also a powerful natural cleansing agent. Cilantro has been effectively used to help remove heavy metals and other toxic agents from the body. The herb is a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production. It is also rich in many vital vitamins including folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-A, beta carotene, vitamin-C that are essential for optimum health. Vitamin-C is a powerful natural antioxidant. Cilantro leaves provides 30% of daily recommended levels of vitamin-C.