Get FREE STUFF for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
CLEAN BREEZE KOMBUCHA GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This clean breeze flat-belly green smoothie with kiwi, cucumber, and super ingredient kombucha.
Start your day off right with a punch of gut healthy probiotics from kombucha, a fermented tea, while getting your greens in at the same time!
The cilantro in this recipe contains oils that will help relax your digestive muscles.
The kiwi fruit is high in fiber and if you suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (aka IBS, like I do) studies have shown that eating 2 kiwi per day lessened constipation and symptoms of IBS.
As a bonus, this tasty green smoothie will also give you protein from the yogurt.
Just throw all the ingredients in your blender (we recommend these power blenders) and be ready to start your day feeling fresh and energized!
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO OF THIS CLEAN BREEZE KOMBUCHA SMOOTHIE RECIPE:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more blender videos!
Clean Breeze Kombucha Green Smoothie
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 2 ripe kiwis peeled
- 1 cup ginger-flavored kombucha see Tip
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger optional
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30-45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KOMBUCHA, KIWI AND CUCUMBERS
Kombucha is a fermented tea originated in Ancient China that delivers a detoxifying effect on the body, due to the enzymes it contains, lightening the load on your pancreas and liver.
It is rich in probiotics, improving digestion, and contains glucosamine, which aids in the prevention and treatment of all arthritis, helps lubricate joints, and helps preserve cartilage structure, with pain relief comparable to NSAIDs.
The Glucaric acid found in Kombucha has been thought to help prevent cancer.
Kiwi fruits are rich in many Vitamins, flavonoids and minerals.
In particular, they contain a high amount of Vitamin C (more than oranges), as much potassium as bananas and a good amount of beta-carotene.
Cucumbers have amazing anti-inflammatory qualities that can reduce swelling, as well as soothe and soften skin tissue.
They are also an excellent source of silica, a trace mineral that strengthens the skin’s connective tissue.