Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret Swimwear
HOMEMADE RICE MILK RECIPE
This recipe for homemade rice milk is much EASIER and FASTER than other DIY rice milk recipes that don’t use a Blendtec or Vitamix blender! Without one, top recipes recommended cooking long grain brown rice for THREE HOURS so the rice is soft enough for a low wattage blender to handle. As usual, Blender Babes makes it in just MINUTES! Of course, homemade rice milk is also a lot cheaper and even healthier than purchased rice milk.
There are so many great uses for rice milk and other milk substitutes! It is most commonly used on cereal, in a creamy rice pudding, in a green smoothie, in soups or curries, and in baking or any healthy recipes calling for milk.
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup ice
Sweeter of choice to taste
- Brown Sugar
- Sugar substitute such as Stevia
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pure maple extract
- Add above ingredients to jar and secure the lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SOUP Button (it will not get hot due to the ice)
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 1.5 minutes or until smooth.
- Add your favorite sweetener and/or flavor and run for 10 seconds.
- Strain through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth for a smoother milk.
- Drink immediately or store in a pitcher for up to 3 days.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Rice milk is third in popularity among non-dairy alternatives, trailing behind soy milk and almond milk. A kind of grain milk processed from rice, most rice milk is made from brown rice and commonly unsweetened. Compared to cow’s milk, rice milk contains more carbohydrates, but does not contain significant amounts of calcium or protein, and has no cholesterol or lactose. Rice milk is often consumed by people who are lactose intolerant, allergic to soy or have PKU (Phenylketonuria). It is also used as a dairy substitute by vegans.