VEGETABLE AND HERB BROTH SEASONING POWDER FOR STOCK RECIPE
Are you tired of buying those high-sodium, expensive boxes of vegetable stock? We are! This is a great alternative – when you see vegetable stock in recipes, here’s your simple, totally vegetarian, healthy alternative!
Similar to a bouillon cube, using just one teaspoon of powder per 1 cup of liquid will produce a flavorful broth with half the sodium!! You can also adjust it with your preferred seasonings – a bit of rosemary, sage, or basil would go a long way in building the complexity of your broth.
This recipe takes less than a minute to make with your Blendtec or Vitamix blender, but you can do it in batches in a food processor or “regular” blender, too.
Herbed Vegetable Broth PowderPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dried mixed vegetables or soup mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried majoram
- Add all ingredients into your blender jar in the order listed, and secure lid.
- For Vitamix: Start at Variable/Speed 1, ramping up to Variable/Speed 10, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Store in a glass jar in cool dark place.
- Use 1 teaspoon per 1 cup of liquid = 1 cup broth
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Nutritional yeast is grown on sugar beet greens and is an inactive yeast, so even if you are sensitive to yeast, you can still take advantage of its nutty, cheesy flavor!
Nutritional yeast is one of very few vegetarian sources of Vitamin B-12, and just one tablespoon of nutritional yeast provides an entire day’s worth of vitamin B-12. It’s also a great source of fiber, it is gluten-free, and has lots of folic acid!
This broth seasoning has a lot of it, but you can also just sprinkle it over roasted cauliflower for a healthy and delicious snack.