Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
DR FUHRMAN’S CREAMY VEGAN VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
Dr Furhman’s creamy vegan vegetable soup recipe is an excellent cold weather meal that the whole family will appreciate! This is one of my favorite low calorie soups that’s high in protein, healthy fats and fiber. Since it makes 8 cups it’s a great soup that will last 1 or 2 people several days, or you can reduce the recipe by half. You can save time with store-bought of course, but don’t be afraid to make your own homemade vegetable broth and/or carrot juice (from a juicer, not a whole carrot juice from a blender!). Your loved ones will enjoy coming home to the aroma of this filling and warming soup! This soup’s non-dairy creamy texture is will be enjoyed by all types of lifestyles and diets. A fresh kale salad recipe is a great starter for this meal. This creamy and delicious vegetable soup will have your dinner guests calling for seconds!
Make sure to join our community for more nutritious soups and healthy Dr. Fuhrman recipes made in your high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix! Tell everyone what you think about this soup recipe in the comments below and please share your rating if you try it! Happy Blending! 🙂
Creamy Vegetable Soup
- 4 ounces frozen chopped onions
- 8 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 tablespoons no salt vegetable seasoning such as Dr. Fuhrman's VegiZest
- 2 cup carrot juice
- 3 cup no salt* vegetable juice
- 4 garlic cloves peeled, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 16 ounces frozen chopped collard greens
- 1 can no salt* white beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Simmer all ingredients except collard greens, white beans, lime juice, and cashews for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Use tongs to add cooked ingredients to your large blender jar. Add the cashews and 1-2 cups (240-480ml) soup liquid into the blender and secure lid. Reserve remaining soup liquid.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Simmer greens in remaining broth for 10 minutes.
- Add pureed mixture, white beans, and lime juice to simmering greens.
- Mix thoroughly and serve. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers.
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“Love that there was no actual cream. Husband loved it, son loved it and my 95-yr old Aunt, who loves soup, loved it! She is a soup master!”
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS OF CARROTS
Carrots have strong cleansing properties that are effective in detoxifying the liver, thus very effective for acne that is caused by toxins from the blood. Carrots are also useful for treating uneven skin tones due to pigmentation. The vitamin A and other nutrients contained in carrots efficiently nourish the skin, prevent dry skin and other skin blemishes. Chewing carrots can help clean your teeth, and is the best way to keep your mouth clean after meals. They act as natural abrasives that help in eliminating the dirt and plaque from the teeth and gums. They also trigger a lot of saliva, which helps to scrub away stains on your teeth. Minerals in carrots helps to kill germs in the mouth and prevent tooth damage.