Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
KALE SALAD WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE
If you’re looking for a yummy vegan dish, you’ve got to try this Kale Salad with Maple-Mustard dressing recipe by Julieanna Hever. This recipe by Julieanna was featured in the Forks Over Knives Recipe Book, and we highly recommend checking out both the documentary as well as ordering the book if you are looking for a nice collection of plant based recipes. Julieanna Hever, also known as The Plant-Based Dietitian, is the author of the best-selling book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Plant-Based Nutrition, and the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine. Toxin-eliminating and iron rich kale is a super important staple to our diets, and by topping it off with this tasty maple-mustard dressing, tahini will provide protein and minerals to this light and healthy vegan meal…what’s even better is that you can make this super fast in your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender!
Kale Salad with Maple-Mustard DressingPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- One 15 ounce can cannellini beans rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Amino Acids or wheat-free tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- Add ingredients to jar in order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: With TWISTER & FOURSIDE jar – Press the DRESSING button. Fourside: If blade spins freely, stop machine and use spatula to push ingredients toward the blade. Repeat until smooth.
- For Vitamix: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to High. Blend for 30 to 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve over kale salad or any salad, vegetables, baked potatoes, steamed veggies, etc.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KALE
Kale is a natural cancer fighter – it contains an abundance of glucosinolate enzymes which stop cancer cells from becoming active and speeds up the removal of carcinogens from your system. An anti-cancer compound found in kale helps your liver more efficiently remove toxins and its high levels of fiber have been found to lower LDL “bad cholesterol”. Kale gives you more iron per calorie than beef and it also delivers 2g of protein per cup, make it it a viable meat alternative. Also a wonderful non-dairy source of calcium, with more per calorie than milk and is easier for the body to digest! It also has anti-aging qualities with high levels of Vitamin C which makes fewer wrinkles and firmer, softer skin.