Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
SPINACH CARROT JUICE RECIPE
This healthy spinach carrot juice recipe will not only give you a TON of natural energy, but has a hefty dose of fiber! The pineapple is a nice sweetener and flavor, make sure to keep the nutritious core in it, as your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender will easily pulverize it and make it digestible for you. You can substitute apple for the pineapple if necessary, but make sure to core it first, since apple seeds aren’t nutritious like the core of the pineapple! You can use regular water or we like coconut water for added hydration, electrolytes, and potassium. Because carrots juice is so fibrous compared to other juices we make and to make it more of a thin juice consistency, you will notice in the recipe instructions for Blendtec we use the SOUP button, which runs a full 40 seconds longer than the WHOLE JUICE button, and for Vitamix, we run it a full 1.5 minutes on High before manually stopping. However be sure to add lots of ice so it doesn’t get hot and kill the live enzymes.
Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret Swimwear
Spinach Carrot Juice
Author: Blender Babes
Recipe type: Juice
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water OR coconut water
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup carrots (usually 4 small carrots OR 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SOUP* button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until smooth. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
* The SOUP button is more powerful and better creates a true juice consistency without getting hot due to the ice.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT CARROTS
Carrots have strong cleansing properties that are effective in detoxifying the liver, thus very effective for acne that is caused by toxins from the blood. Carrots are also useful for treating uneven skin tones due to pigmentation. The vitamin A and other nutrients contained in carrots efficiently nourish the skin, prevent dry skin and other skin blemishes. Chewing carrots can help clean your teeth, and is the best way to keep your mouth clean after meals. They act as natural abrasives that help in eliminating the dirt and plague from the teeth and gums. They also trigger a lot of saliva, which helps to scrub away stains on your teeth. Minerals in carrots helps to kill germs in the mouth and prevent tooth damage.