Try Our Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
GLUTEN FREE BAKING FLOUR MIX RECIPE
There is no need to buy an expensive gluten free baking mix or flour when you own a Vitamix or Blendtec blender!
Another cost saving feature is both blenders act as a professional grain mill, so you can easily make your OWN inexpensive gluten free flour.
Many gluten-free items have a long list of ingredients, however this baking mix recipe requires only 4 and makes 6.5 cups of flour.
Keep this baking mix on hand (store in the freezer) so that you can whip up gluten free pankcakes or waffles anytime.
Note: Blender Babes now wear Activewear
Gluten-Free Baking MixPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups rice white
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten-free
- 2 cups cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca starch
- Add white rice to jar and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Use Speed 9 and run full cycle.
- For Vitamix: Best to use their special dry goods jar. Select VARIABLE speed 1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to Variable 8. Grind for 1.5 minutes.
- Add white rice flour to large bowl or zip top bag.
- Add oats to jar and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Use Speed 7, run cycle for 20 seconds, press any button to STOP.
- For Vitamix: Best to use their special dry goods jar. Select VARIABLE speed 1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to Variable 6. Grind for 30 seconds.
- Add oat flour to white rice flour.
- Add the starches to the bowl or bag and incorporate all ingredients.
- Store gluten free flour mix in the refrigerator or freezer and let it come to room temperature before use.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF OATS
The health benefits of oats are countless. Oats are a health benefit rich superfood!
Millions of healthy Americans enjoy the health benefits of oats in steaming bowls of all natural rolled oats for breakfast, but they may not realize it’s not just delicious, all natural healthy oats are one of the best breakfasts you can possibly eat.
Oats are a great source of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, selenium, manganese and phosphorous.
Oats are also a good source of vitamin B1, dietary fiber and protein, so it’s the ideal food to start the day with.
Researchers also found that diets rich in fiber from whole grains like oats offer significant protection against breast cancer for pre-menopausal women — a 52 percent lower risk of breast cancer than women with low fiber diets.