Join Our Free Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ THE PITS PEACH CHERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This Dr. Oz peach cherry smoothie is delicious and slightly sweet. The avocado in this vegan smoothie is a the perfect substitute for a smoothie without banana to give it a creamy texture.
Use a high power blender for the best consistency.
Share your rating with us in comments section below if you try this recipe out at home! Happy Blending!! :)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk substitute (may need more if using frozen fruit)
- 2 peaches
- 1/2 avocado
- 6 cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh)
- 1 heaping tablespoons plant-based protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 cup Ice (none if using frozen fruit)
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase to VARIABLE Speed 10/HIGH. Blend for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEACHES
Who doesn’t love a juicy, tasty peach? Peaches have been grown for centuries. They were first cultivated in China where they are considered a symbol of immortality and friendship. We consider them a key powerfood along with staples like apples and pears, we just wish they were in season longer! Here are a list of 4 health benefits that will make you want to add them to your diet too.
1. Peaches are the perfect snack food for losing weight. A peach makes you feel full and keeps you from overeating. The bonus: one peach only contains about 35-50 calories and no fat!
2. Keep the skin healthy. Vitamin A and C make peaches a great natural moisturizer; they’re often used in cosmetics. These vitamins can help regenerate skin tissue.
3. Helps prevent cancer with selenium — a mineral with antioxidant properties that may help protect cells from damage.
4. Have a diuretic effect which helps cleanse your kidneys and bladder.
And here’s a bonus benefit:
Peaches are thought to be an aphrodisiac. ;)