Try our FREE Juice Detox!
CREAMY JALAPENO AVOCADO DRESSING OR DIP RECIPE
Add a little spice to your salad with this creamy healthy jalapeño avocado dressing recipe!
This jalapeno avocado dressing is not only a great tasting and healthy salad dressing (that can be made vegan…see recipe), but it can also be used as a crudité dip.
It’s similar to a healthy ranch dressing, but with the zing of cilantro and spice of jalapeno.
If you are sensitive to spicy but enjoy the jalapeno flavor, add only half the jalapeno.
If you like the heat, add the whole thing (including seeds) to your blender!
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy blender recipes!
Let us know if you try this by rating it in the comments! 🙂 Happy Blending!
Creamy Avocado Jalapeño Salad Dressing
- halve recipe for 1 cup, will need smaller blender containers
- 3/4 cup buttermilk OR 3/4 cup dairy-free milk + 1 Tbsp white vinegar + more as desired
- 1/4 cup organic mayo OR vegan mayo
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 small jalapeno leave seeds for more heat!
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 green onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
*Half jalapeno for less spice
- Place ingredients in your blender jar in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Use the BATTERS/DRESSING button OR use Manual Speed 4 for 25 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Blend on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High and blend about 30 seconds or until smooth.
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“This is a thick, creamy, slightly spicy jalapeno avocado dressing.
It was liked by us and my husband’s extended family (who like a bit of spice).”
“It smells very fresh. Full of flavor.
The avocado helps cut the spice of the jalapeno but you still taste the jalapeno.
I really liked this dressing recipe and enjoyed the jalapeno “bite” that came after you ate it.”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF JALAPENO AND AVOCADO
The jalapeno pepper packs a nutritional punch, with notable amounts of two important vitamins.
Jalapenos are a rich source of vitamin C.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps prevent damage from free radicals.
Jalapenos also supply a good amount of vitamin A, which supports skin and eye health.
Avocado is one of the world’s healthiest foods, although sometimes receiving a “bad rap” as a vegetable too high in fat.
The fat contained in avocado provides research-based health benefits.
Anti-inflammatory benefits of these avocado fats are well-documented with problems involving arthritis.
The monounsaturated fatty acid in avocado has been shown to help lower risk of heart disease.
The avocado is high in pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E and vitamin C.