Try our FREE 1 Day Juice Detox!
CANTALOUPE CRAZE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Cantaloupe smoothies are not only delicious and refreshing, but they’re also great for helping you feel full as they are packed with fiber and water, AND they are low in calories and very nutritious!
When you have a high powered blender, you’ll want to leave the SEEDS in the cantaloupe as they are packed with FIBER, and have MORE PROTEIN pound for pound than meat does!
For a dairy-free smoothie you can make your favorite milk substitute.
A Blender Babe tip on how to choose cantaloupe – look for cantaloupes that are firm with no discolorations. By the time a cantaloupe starts to get soft, you know it is very ripe and needs to be eaten…or blended!
Note: Blender Babes now wear activewear!
- 3/4 cup cantaloupe
- 2 oranges - peeled and halved
- 3/4 cup milk substitute or milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cup Ice
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Did you know that the melon with the distinctly webbed rind that Americans call a cantaloupe is not a true cantaloupe, but a muskmelon? Real cantaloupes are grown in Europe and have deep grooves in the rind.
If you are trying to lose weight, cantaloupe is a great sweet treat that doesn’t add pounds. The potassium in cantaloupes can help lower blood pressure and their richness in vitamin C protects against the formation of blood clots, helping to prevent heart attack, stroke, and other cardiovascular conditions.
Cantaloupe can is also a great fruit source of vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), and contain about 30 times higher than the beta-carotene content of fresh oranges! Vitamin A is an essential vitamin required for vision, gene transcription, boosting immune function, and great skin health.
Cantaloupe’s nutritional superpowers involve its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients since cantaloupe provides a wide range of antioxidants that help prevent oxidative stress and a wide range of anti-inflammatory phytonutrients that help prevent excessive inflammation.