Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
CAKE BATTER GREEN PROTEIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
When we tested this, our pickiest tester had already tried three not-so-tasty green smoothies. She didn’t even want to TRY another one… but when we put a little sip of this in front of her, she tasted it and demanded a whole glass! That’s when you know you’ve stumbled on something GREAT. This Vanilla Cake Batter Green Smoothie is not only protein-packed and a vibrant, bright green, but it’s super kid-friendly, too. (That’s secret code language for “Tastes amazing!”) Your Blendtec or Vitamix will easily blend the chia seeds, but if you’re using a “regular” blender, you may want to omit, pre-blend, or soak them first.
Cake Batter Green Protein SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup vegan yogurt OR unsweetened plain yogurt non vegan version
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop of Vega One vanilla chai OR vanilla plant-based protein with 1 tsp homemade chai* - see notes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup ice 1/2 cup if using frozen banana
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender jar in the order listed and secure the lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Use the SMOOTHIE cycle.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Speed 10 for about 1 minute OR use the Smoothie Cycle.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground all spice 1/4 tsp ground ginger ***omit if you prefer to use fresh ginger
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds are one of those super trendy superfoods that’s actually proven itself legitimate. Chia seeds are obviously highly nutritious like all seeds and contain high amounts of protein, fiber, and Omegas, which most of us don’t get enough of. Omega deficiency can contribute to depression, so smile and make chia part of your smoothie routine! 🙂