Get FREE eBooks/Downloads for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
QUICK PANCAKES FROM SCRATCH RECIPE
Here is an easy pancakes from scratch recipe that you can quickly whip up in your high powered blender!
One of the best things about this recipe is that you don’t have to go far for the ingredients because this recipe is made with items you likely already have in your kitchen cupboards.
Plus, they can be made gluten-free and/or dairy free quite easily!
While these pancakes will be thinner than store-bought boxed mixes, they’re still very much cake-like (and healthier since there’s no additives and fillers in your mix).
What’s most important is that these country kitchen pancakes from scratch are delicious and very filling!
Prep and cook time is all-in around 15 minutes so you can easily whip these up before work and/or school.
Of course, if your preference is for waffles rather than pancakes, just plug in your waffle iron and pour the batter in.
I’ll be making these for Dakota in my new teeny tiny waffle maker. 🙂
I recommend adding bananas or your favorite fruit on top of your pancakes or waffles for an extra dose of yumminess.
Serve with organic maple syrup and enjoy!
Quick Country Kitchen Pancakes from Scratch
- 1 3/4 cups milk or milk substitute
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour whole wheat, white whole wheat, or gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Add ingredients to jar in order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the BATTERS button OR blend on a Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Select variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 4 or 5. Blend for 5-10 seconds until mixed.
- Let batter rest for a few minutes.
- Heat griddle and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake (or about 2/3 cup for an 8 x 8 inch waffle iron). Cook until bubble break the top surface of the pancake and the underside is golden brown. Flip and cook until done. (For waffles cook until golden brown and crisp, 4-5 minutes.)
- Serve with real organic maple syrup. Enjoy!
WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR HEALTH BENEFITS
Whole wheat flour has many benefits.
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition underscores the importance of choosing whole rather than refined wheat to maintain a healthy body weight.
In this Harvard Medical School / Brigham and Women’s Hospital study, which collected data on over 74,000 female nurses aged 38-63 years over a 12 year period, weight gain was inversely associated with the intake of high-fiber, whole-grain foods, such as whole wheat, but positively related to the intake of refined-grain foods, such as products made from refined wheat.
Not only did women who consumed more whole grains consistently weigh less than those who ate less of these fiber-rich foods, but those consuming the most dietary fiber from whole grains were 49% less likely to gain weight compared to those eating foods made from refined grains.
(Source: WH Foods)