Try our FREE Juice Detox!
SUPER EASY SALSA RECIPE
Chips and salsa is everyone’s go-to party snack, especially when it’s made healthy and fresh!
Since these blenders are also food processors, you can easily chop up the ingredients to have a chunky salsa or keep blending for a smooth salsa – we prefer it chunky!
Spice up your appetizer menu with the delicious tastes of fresh garlic, cilantro and lime, perfect additions to this low calorie quick to make salsa.
If you want to add a spicy fat-burning kick, we like to add a little bit of jalapeño. 🙂 Just blend up and serve with your favorite tortilla chips and you have yourself a quick and healthy salsa for guests or enjoy alongside a yummy margarita!
- One 4 ounce can of green chilies not drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice*
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin*
- One 14 1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes not drained -OR- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- For Blendtec: Add green chilies, lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin to jar** and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times. Add tomatoes, onion and cilantro and secure lid. Pulse 3–5 times.
- For Vitamix: Add all ingredients to any jar and secure lid. Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 3. Blend approximately 10-15 seconds, use the tamper to push ingredients into the blade. Careful not to overblend if you like a chunky salsa!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Cilantro is featured in dishes cooked everywhere from Spain to Mexico, the Middle East to South America.
The fresh leafs are often sprinkled over the tops of dishes, and the root is used in Thailand to give that distinctly powerful flavor to local dishes.
You may already know that cilantro is one of the main ingredients in the salsa at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
This herb isn’t just a commonly-used leaf and seed ingredient found in many tasty and exotic recipes, it’s also a powerful natural cleansing agent.
Cilantro has been effectively used to help remove heavy metals and other toxic agents from the body.
The herb is a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production.
It is also rich in many vital vitamins including folic-acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-A, beta carotene, vitamin-C that are essential for optimum health.
Vitamin-C is a powerful natural antioxidant.
Cilantro leaves provides 30% of daily recommended levels of vitamin-C.