Join Our Free 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
BLUEBERRY BEGINNING SMOOTHIE RECIPE
We know all about green smoothies by now.
Well, I’m starting a new trend: the purple smoothie!
This purple smoothie is filled with tender blueberries, refreshing mint, cleansing chia seeds, and creamy banana—simple and sweet for your new beginning!
Add some non-dairy yogurt for a boost of probiotics.
If you’re looking for the best smoothies for kids, this vegan blueberry smoothie is perfect: it’s sweet, refreshing and anyone you share it with will love the flavor!
It’s easy to whip up, low in fat, and high in protein, fiber and other nutrients.
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy smoothie recipes from Blender Babes and our friends!
If you try this recipe, make sure to let our community know what you thought of it by rating it in the comments. HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
Blueberry Beginning Smoothie
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds optional
- ½ cup ice
- BOOST IT: 2 to 3 tablespoons non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS OF BLUEBERRIES
As one of the few fruits native to North America, blueberries have been enjoyed by Native Americans for hundreds of years.
They have also enjoyed great popularity around the world in cuisines from Asia to the Mediterranean.
Blueberries are not only popular, but also repeatedly ranked in the U.S. diet as having one of the highest antioxidant capacities among all fruits, vegetables, spices and seasonings.
Antioxidants are essential to optimizing health by helping to combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA.
We recommend enjoying raw blueberries — rather than relying upon blueberries incorporated into baked desserts — because, like other fruits, raw blueberries provide you with the best flavor and the greatest nutritional benefits.
Image & recipe excerpted with permission from 365 Vegan Smoothies by Kathy Patalsky.
Published by Avery.