Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Enter our latest Healthy Product Giveaways!
POST-WORKOUT ALMOND KALE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
We can never have enough options for simple green smoothies to throw together with what’s in the fridge, so here’s another one for you, Babes!
This creamy kale smoothie is a simple combination of satisfying high-fiber fruits and a full serving of greens – perfect as a breakfast smoothie, balanced snack, or for post-workout!
Some almond butter (or almonds!) rounds this kale smoothie out and will help you stay fueled for another busy day!
You can easily blend kale in a Blendtec or Vitamix blender, or check out how to make green smoothies in a regular blender.
Need more suggestions for quick, easy kale smoothie recipes? The be sure to join our community! If you give this recipe a try, please rate it in the comments and let everyone know what you think! Happy Blending! 🙂
Post-Workout Almond Kale Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup milk substitute of your choice
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 pear
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter OR 10-12 almonds
- 1/2 cup ice more if using fresh fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button or blend on a Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KALE
What is there not to like about kale? It is high in calcium and chlorophyll, which prevents osteoporosis and bone loss.
Kale also promotes healthy eyes and vision as well as weight loss!
Kale is especially great in green smoothie recipes because it breaks down the fiber for easy digestion and detox.
4 thoughts on “Post-Workout Almond Kale Green Smoothie”
Where does the 5.3g of Trans fat come from? That seems awfully high.
Hi David! Good question. We looked back at the nutritional facts calculator that we use, and the fats didn’t even add up properly! It’s safe to assume the fats are coming from the almond butter though, so just look at your almond butter and check out how much fat is in a tablespoon, and that will tell you how much fat will be in your specific smoothie. Thanks for asking! We have removed the detailed fat breakdown because it was inaccurate. Happy Blending!
I love the combination of pear, kale, and banana! This smoothie is a powerhouse of nutritional benefits. Would you also suggest adding a plant-based protein powder for more protein or is that “over-kill”? Thanks for sharing!
Not at all Aarika! We usually only use half a scoop of protein anyway so as not to overpower all the delicious natural flavor! Let us know what you think if you try it. 🙂 HAPPY BLENDING!