Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our Clean Eating Meal Plan!
APPLE CARROT GLUTEN-FREE CAKE RECIPE
Carrot cake can be a surprisingly unhealthy cake, despite being made from carrots!
This version, however, is a healthy and delicious apple carrot cake recipe.
It is also gluten-free cake that cooks like a quick bread, making it the perfect breakfast cake with a little dollop of icing or whipped cream (regular or vegan) and some tea, or a cup of coffee.
While it may be eaten for breakfast it serves even better for a dessert!
It would be an excellent alternative to pumpkin bread or can be used for an Easter dessert or brunch.
If you don’t have sorghum flour, you can use rice flour or try blending up our gluten-free flour mix.
Making batters in your blender is easy if you have a good power blender (such as a Vitamix or Blendtec)!
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more great gluten-free recipes!
If you try this one at home, please share your thoughts with us by rating it in comment section below.
Apple Carrot Gluten-Free Cake
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs OR 3 chia or flax eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large apples quartered (leave the peels on)
- 1 cup of carrots peeled and chopped (about 3 medium carrots)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Prepare a 9 by 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the carrots, apples, vanilla, eggs and sugar into the jar.
- For Blendtec: Press the BATTERS button. If using FOURSIDE jar pour batter into dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently mix until just combined. If using WILDSIDE jar, you can now add the dry ingredients and pulse until combined. Place all ingredients into WILDSIDE jar in the order listed and secure lid. Press the BATTERS button three times, scraping the mixture inwards with a spatula before the last cycle.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders:Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10/HIGH and blend for 20-30 seconds while using the tamper to push the apples and carrots into the blades until thoroughly mixed. It will be thick.
- Place all of the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl and fold in/hand mix the blended ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Top with freshly whipped cream, homemade yogurt, or cream cheese frosting! Yumm!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
COCONUT SUGAR HEALTH BENEFITS
Unlike normal sugar, coconut sugar retains some of its nutritional value through processing, including minerals iron, zinc, calcium and potassium, along with some short chain fatty acids, polyphenols and antioxidants that may also provide some health benefits.
It also contains inulin, a fiber than slows glucose absorption.