Get FREE STUFF for Your Health!
CARROT CAKE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE (GF, V)
Indulge in this dessert-like carrot cake protein smoothie as a meal replacement or post-workout pick-me-up.
This nutritious smoothie will keep you full until lunch, since it’s super packed with fiber from the carrots and oats, and top-notch plant-based protein, VEGA.
For a creamier and more calorie and nutrition-dense option, replace the water with your favorite milk substitute and for a thick smoothie use frozen banana!
This recipe uses gluten-free oats, but those without a sensitivity to gluten can use normal oats. A Blendtec or Vitamix blender will pulverize the oats and carrots into a creamy cake smoothie, but you can do it with a “regular” blender too.
- 1 1/2 cups milk substitute or filtered water
- 1 cup carrots 1 large or 2 small carrots -include carrot tops if you have 'em!
- 1 scoop Vanilla Chai Vega One or Vanilla Vega Performance Protein or other vanilla plant based protein
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free oats Bob's Red Mill
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh preferred or ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds , or hemp or flax-seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid and blend until smooth.*
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button or SOUP button
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH. Blend for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Sprinkle some spices and desiccated coconut on top to finish if desired. Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
CARROT HEALTH BENEFITS
Everyone knows that carrots improve vision, but carrots are packed with health benefits for all parts of your body!
Beta-carotene slows down the aging of cells and prevents heart disease!
Some lesser-known benefits from carrots surface when looking for beauty solutions — Vitamin A protects the skin from sun damage and can be topically applied to the face as an antiseptic while protecting the face with antioxidant when not working from the inside-out!