Get FREE STUFF for Your Health!
CARROT CAKE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE (GF, V)
Indulge in this dessert-like carrot cake protein smoothie as a meal replacement or post-workout pick-me-up.
This nutritious smoothie will keep you full until lunch, since it’s super packed with fiber from the carrots and oats, and top-notch plant-based protein, VEGA.
For a creamier and more calorie and nutrition-dense option, replace the water with your favorite milk substitute and for a thick smoothie use frozen banana!
This recipe uses gluten-free oats, but those without a sensitivity to gluten can use normal oats. A Blendtec or Vitamix blender will pulverize the oats and carrots into a creamy cake smoothie, but you can do it with a “regular” blender too.
- 1 1/2 cups milk substitute or filtered water
- 1 cup carrots 1 large or 2 small carrots -include carrot tops if you have 'em!
- 1 scoop Vanilla Chai Vega One or Vanilla Vega Performance Protein or other vanilla plant based protein
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free oats Bob's Red Mill
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh preferred or ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds , or hemp or flax-seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid and blend until smooth.*
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button or SOUP button
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH. Blend for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Sprinkle some spices and desiccated coconut on top to finish if desired. Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
CARROT HEALTH BENEFITS
Everyone knows that carrots improve vision, but carrots are packed with health benefits for all parts of your body!
Beta-carotene slows down the aging of cells and prevents heart disease!
Some lesser-known benefits from carrots surface when looking for beauty solutions — Vitamin A protects the skin from sun damage and can be topically applied to the face as an antiseptic while protecting the face with antioxidant when not working from the inside-out!