Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
SIMPLE STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This super simple strawberry smoothie recipe is loved by adults and kids alike, and includes ingredients most people have on hand. It is one of the most popular low calorie and low fat smoothie recipes in the world and is usually one of the first smoothie recipes that people try to make. It is perfect for breakfast on the go. You can use either water or apple juice in your strawberry smoothie, but for a lower sugar smoothie, use water instead. Or try half juice + half water! Strawberry stems have chlorophyll and your high powered blender such as a Blendtec or Vitamix will pulverize them within the smoothie (so you won’t taste them!). Also include the nutritious pineapple core and as much of the white pith surrounding the orange as much possible. Doing this packs your fruit smoothie with a TON of extra vitamins and phytonutrients.
Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret Swimwear
Strawberry SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup 120ml apple juice or water
- 1 cup 240g lowfat strawberry yogurt (greek or coconut/soy for vegan yogurt)
- 1/2 cup 120g strawberries
- 1/2 orange peeled
- 1/2 cup 120g pineapple
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: Select VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE 10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Strawberries are the most popular berry in the world for good reason! They are juicy, sweet, fragrant, easy to eat, and they look like little hearts. Wild strawberries have grown for millennia: The ancient Romans enjoyed them, and during the Middle Ages people valued them for medicinal and dietary reasons. Strawberries are a source of various phytonutrients. The anthocyanins are potent antioxidants that help protect the body’s organs against cell damage. The combination of high vitamin C content and phytonutrients makes strawberries a good choice for preventing and fighting bacterial, viral, and fungal infections such as colds, flu, and ear infections.