Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
KIMBERLY SNYDER’S SWEET BASIL LIME DRESSING RECIPE
This Basil Lime Dressing recipe is one of our favorite salad dressings by nutritionist to the stars Kimberly Snyder, author of The Beauty Detox Solution, this dressing is refreshingly different, and so easy to make with your high powered blender. This an an easy to make basil dressing that is especially good with summer salads. This dressing recipe is super tasty, and contains a powerful mix of Vitamin C and anti-bacterial properties.
Be sure to join our community for more Kimberly Snyder recipes! If you try this recipe at home, share your rating with us in comments section below.
Kimberly Snyder's Sweet Basil-Lime Dressing
- 1/2 garlic clove medium
- 1 cup basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops of liquid Stevia
- 1 lime juice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press SPEED UP to speed 5.
- Vitamix: select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Pour over your favorite salad and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BASIL
One of the primary medicinal uses for basil is for its anti-inflammatory properties. This effect stems from eugenol, a volatile oil in basil that blocks enzymes in the body that cause swelling, making basil an ideal treatment for people with arthritis. Basil, especially as an extract or oil, is known to have exceptionally powerful antioxidant properties that can protect the body from premature aging, common skin issues, age-related problems and even some types of cancer. The herb also contains the flavonoids orientin and vicenin, which are plant pigments that shield your cell structures from oxygen and radiation damage. Basil oil can be used to treat constipation, stomach cramps and indigestion as well as the cold, flu, asthma, whooping cough, bronchitis and sinus infections. It is also a great source of magnesium, an essential mineral that helps the body’s blood vessels relax, which can improve blood flow.