Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
KIMBERLY SNYDER’S FAT BURNING RAW KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
Who could resist a fat-burning dessert? Is that an oxymoron?? It may sound too good to be true, but Kimberly Snyder has created this delicious, raw key lime pie recipe that you can make super quickly and easily in your high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix! We love using unrefined coconut oil in our healthy recipes, which contains Lauric Acid. This unprocessed, cholesterol free oil can help stimulate the thyroid, which in turn increases your metabolism and helps burn stored fat! It’s the perfect creamy and satisfying dessert for anyone who craves something sweet and wants to indulge guilt-free, especially in the summer! Both adults and kids will enjoy these tasty key lime pie bars!
Subscribe to Blender Babes for more healthy Beauty Detox recipes by one of our favorite celebrity nutritionists, Kimberly Snyder. 🙂 Did you try these key lime pie bars? Tell us what you think and rate this recipe below!
Fat Burning Raw Key Lime Pie BarsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup organic lime juice
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw organic honey
- 4 cups cashews
- Liquid stevia as needed to sweeten (optional)
- ½ -1 cup water
- Lime slices optional, for garnish
- CRUST OF CHOICE optional, not in original recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a blender except for the water, and blend on high. Add the water last and as needed to keep the blending going and make the mixture smooth.
- For Blendtec: Combine all ingredients in a blender except for the water, start on speed LOW and increase to HIGH manual speed for 50 seconds. Add the water last and blend on high again until the mixture is smooth.
- For Vitamix: Add the cashews and lime juice to the blender. Start on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/HIGH and blend for one minute, using the tamper to push the material into the blades. Add the remaining ingredients except for the water, and blend on HIGH for 30 seconds to one minute more. Add the water last and as needed to keep the blending going and make the mixture smooth.
- Pour into an 8x8" square or round container lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze at least 4 hours, or overnight. Cut into bars or a pie and serve! (Note: Can store in the freezer and keep for a few weeks.)
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“All ingredients are readily available. I tried this with both key limes and regular limes (as key limes are not always readily available); both results were very toothsome and delish! This tastes like a frozen key lime pie…really…and you can make it as sweet, or as tangy, as you desire. I might try this with fresh lemon juice, or a combination of lemon and orange.” “I had everything in my pantry! The amount of stevia I used was about 1/2 teaspoon. I was a little worried the cashews would overpower the recipe, but this did not happen. It tastes like a lime creamsicle. The end result is a lot more like ice cream than I expected. Which is perfect because I have not had anything resembling ice cream in a year and my cravings have been bad!”
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS OF COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is a heart-healthy oil that surprisingly provides many health benefits! This unprocessed oil can assist with weight loss and can help reduce cholesterol. It can also aid in slowing the aging process, and help repair and provide protection to hair and skin. Coconut oil can help with diabetes by its positive effects on hormones for thyroid and blood sugar control. Coconut oil improves digestive health and immunity with its natural antibiotic effect.