Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
HYDRATING PINEAPPLE MELON MINT SMOOTHIE RECIPE
When it’s hot out and you need a refreshing pre-workout smoothie, this creamy pineapple watermelon and mint smoothie is sure to hit the spot.
Aside from being incredible hydrating, the pineapple in this watermelon smoothie recipe contains bromelain, a natural anti-inflammatory and Vitamin C to help repair muscle tissue.
This is also a high potassium recipe that includes calcium, key minerals which help with muscle recovery.
If you want to make this a refreshing post-workout smoothie you will need to up the protein content.
We recommend adding a scoop of your favorite plant-based vanilla protein powder.
Of course, if you just want a low calorie breakfast smoothie and you have a sensitive stomach, drink the whole thing – this will help ease digestion and keep you going until lunch.
Hydrating Pre or Post-Workout Pineapple Melon Mint Smoothie
- 1 cup milk substitute unsweetened
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 5-6 leaves fresh mint
- Ice Omit if using frozen fruit
- Optional Protein Boost Post-Workout
- Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder
- Egg Whites not vegan
- Hemp Seeds
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed until smooth, about 20-30 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MINT
Mint is a great appetizer or palate cleanser, and it promotes digestion.
It also soothes stomachs in cases of indigestion or inflammation.
When you feel sick to your stomach, drinking a cup of mint tea can give you relief.
Also, if you are someone who travels long distances via plane or boat, the menthol oil derived from mint can be very soothing for nausea and related motion sickness.