Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE 1 Day Juice Detox!
DETOX SMOOTHIE RECIPE WITH BEETS AND COCONUT OIL
This beet detox smoothie recipe doubles the detoxifying effect from the fresh or cooked beetroot as well as the cold-pressed coconut oil.
Your body will be thanking you for it!
This would also be a great remedy after a late night or a hangover as well.
According to our recipe testers, it’s one of the best tasting detox smoothies that contains beet that they’ve ever tried!
All the refreshing fruits mask the beet flavor well, so this is great for even the beet haters out there.
The coconut oil makes this detox smoothie extra satiating with healthy fats, so it’s the perfect flavorful treat to help your body get rid of toxins.
Use a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency.
Please Note: This recipe post was recently updated to include a how to video! In the video we used more beet which greatly affects the color of this smoothie. If you are new to beets or don’t love the flavor try with a small cooked beet or use half a raw one.
Be sure to join our community for more nutritious healthy smoothie recipes from Blender Babes! Tell us what you think about this detox smoothie in the comments below and share your rating!
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO OF THIS DETOX SMOOTHIE RECIPE:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more blender videos!
Detox Smoothie with Beet and Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small-sized beetroot* cooked or fresh
- 3/4 cup pineapple
- 1/2 banana , frozen
- 1 cup strawberries , frozen
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 1 cup ice (less if using all frozen fruit)
- If using fresh beetroot: Use a grater to remove the skin of the beetroot, cut into small cubes and add to the blender.
- *Be sure to wear gloves and avoid staining your fingers.*
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the jar in the order listed and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE Button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE speed 1, turn machine on and quickly increase to Variable speed 10/HIGH. Run for 45 seconds or until smooth OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
COCONUT OIL HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Coconut oil is used extensively in tropical countries especially India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Philippines etc., which have a good production of coconut oil.
At one time, the oil was also popular in the west but a strong propaganda campaign in the 1970s spread by the corn oil and soy oil industry against coconut oil left it being considered harmful for the human body due to its high saturated fat content.
Studies in the last decade show it to be very beneficial:
1. Coconut oil can increase your energy expenditure, helping you burn more fat; also serves as an appetite suppressant.
2. The lauric acid in coconut oil can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi, helping to stave off infections.
3. Coconut oil can improve blood cholesterol levels may lower your risk for heart disease.
4. Coconut oil can protect hair against damage, moisturize skin and function as sunscreen.
5. The fatty acids in coconut oil can boost brain function in Alzheimer’s patients.
Be sure to check out the benefits of coconut oil!!
12 thoughts on “Detox Smoothie with Beet and Coconut Oil”
I am deathly allergic to tree nuts! What would you recommend substituting for almond milk w/same health benefits?
Hey Kari! We feel your pain! You can substitute nut milks with seed milks, our favorite is hemp milk! Tons of protein! Or you can try an organic soy milk. 🙂 HAPPY BLENDING
Awesome smoothie. Had some beets already cooked so tried this recipe. Drinking this now, added some ground flaxseed as well. Thanks.
So glad you liked it Marjie! We love adding boosts to our smoothies too 🙂
i like to make beet kvass
I love to use beets in my smoothies. This sounds yummy
I actually used about a pound of beets last night in a recipe for work lunches for the week. I made The Paleo Approach Cookbook “Beef Heart Borscht” using grass fed beef heart and beautiful red beets!
This recipe was really good
“When life gives you beets, what do you make of them?” well obviously this smoothie! I have everything to make this but the beets so on my way home i’m getting beets!
Awesome Paul! Please let us know what you think of this detox smoothie recipe by rating it and letting our community know 🙂 HAPPY BLENDING!