Join our Free Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ MORNING MOCHA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This Dr. Oz Morning Mocha Smoothie Recipe is a great coffee-free way to start your day with an energy boost!
Yerba Mate Tea has so any health benefits, like helping to relieve stress and increase weight loss (see health benefits below) and raw cacao can boost brain function.
This dairy-free vegan smoothie recipe uses natural sweetener stevia to help keep calories low. However, if you’re not a fan of stevia, try using 2 soaked and pitted dates and benefit from the added fiber – or your favorite unrefined natural sweetener.
The amazing thing about this mocha smoothie is that it takes care of your hunger and caffeine needs without the excess calories that come from a typical coffee shop blended mocha!
Dr. Oz Morning Mocha SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup CHILLED yerba mate tea
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao OR cacao nibs some for garnish
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds OR 1-2 tablespoons almond butter
- Stevia to taste start with 2 or 3 drops OR 2 soaked, pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate plant-based protein powder such as Vega One
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed optional
- 1 cup ice more if using fresh banana
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- With a Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- With a Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE Speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 10/High. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
Before you begin blending, make SURE the tea is chilled.
This Dr. Oz Morning Mocha Smoothie Recipe is more exciting than your standard morning smoothie, which is why I like it.
This smoothie has an indulgent taste but is chock-full of good ingredients that will give you long-lasting power through the day.
The breakfast smoothie is similar to a frappuccino but better.”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF YERBA MATE TEA
One of the key ingredients is yerba mate, which contains caffeine and stimulates the central nervous system, but it also contains a number of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids and polyphenols, which help balance the caffeine.
When you include yerba mate tea in your diet, it can increase weight loss with regular exercise by boosting your metabolism to burn more calories in addition to curbing your appetite so you eat less.