Join our Free Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ MORNING MOCHA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This Dr. Oz morning mocha smoothie recipe is a great coffee-free way to start your day with an energy boost!
Yerba Mate tea can help relieve stress and increase weight loss (see health benefits below) and raw cacao can boost brain function.
This dairy-free vegan smoothie recipe uses natural sweetener stevia to help keep calories low, however if you’re not a fan of stevia, try using 2 soaked and pitted dates and benefit from the added fiber – or your favorite unrefined natural sweetener.
The amazing thing about this mocha smoothie is that it takes care of your hunger and caffeine needs without the excess calories that come from a typical coffee shop blended mocha!
- 1 cup CHILLED yerba mate tea
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao OR cacao nibs some for garnish
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds OR 1-2 tablespoons almond butter
- Stevia to taste start with 2 or 3 drops OR 2 soaked, pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate plant-based protein powder such as Vega One
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed optional
- 1 cup ice more if using fresh banana
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- With a Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- With a Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE Speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 10/High. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Nutritional info calculated using optional flaxseed, almonds, and stevia
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“Make SURE the tea is chilled before blending.
This recipe is more exciting than your standard morning smoothie, which is why I like it.
It tastes indulgent but is chock-full of good ingredients that will give you long-lasting power through the day.
It’s like a frappuccino but better.”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF YERBA MATE TEA
Yerba mate contains caffeine and stimulates the central nervous system, but it also contains a number of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids and polyphenols, which help balance the caffeine.
Including yerba mate tea in your diet can increase weight loss with regular exercise, by boosting your metabolism to burn more calories in addition to curbing your appetite so you eat less.