Enter our Latest Healthy Living Product Giveaways!
WATERMELON FROSTY RECIPE
This watermelon smoothie tastes like all things summer!
Add some cayenne to heat things up since spicy foods like cayenne boost your metabolism.
Very easy to make, you will really love this one!
A high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix, will easily give you that frosty consistency.
Watermelon FrostyPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 - 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 2 to 4 pinches of cayenne optional
- Place 1/2 cup coconut water plus all of the rest of the ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend adding more coconut water as needed until the mixture blends into thick, frosty bliss
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth 45 seconds OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATERMELON
Watermelons have become synonymous with summer and picnics, for good reason.
Their refreshing quality and sweet taste help to combat the heat and also provide a guilt-free, low maintenance dessert for kids and adults alike to enjoy.
Watermelon is a nutrient dense food that provides a high amount of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for a low amount of calories.
Some health benefits include:
Decreases risk of obesity: since it is composed of 92% water, watermelon fills you up and leaves you satiated.
Asthma prevention: Consuming high levels of Vitamin C reduces risk of developing asthma.
Watermelon is high in Vitamin C.
Promotes healthy skin and hair: Watermelon is also great for your skin because it contains vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized.
Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair .
Image & recipe excerpted with permission from 365 Vegan Smoothies by Kathy Patalsky. Published by Avery.