Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
CHERRY VANILLA CRUMBLE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This simple cherry vanilla crumble smoothie recipe is the perfect later afternoon snack.
It’s light and refreshing and a wonderful cherry smoothie recipe that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Our recipe testers tried the optional addition of gluten-free oats to create a more high fiber, satiating breakfast on the go smoothie, and really enjoyed the sweet as cherry pie without the guilt feeling!
This recipe is from Metabolism Boosting Smoothies & Recipes by Tina Haupert, which has over 75 healthy smoothies and juice recipes that will help boost your metabolism!
This recipe book is perfect for the green smoothie and juicing beginners in our community, and comes spiral bound so you can easily use this book in your kitchen!
A high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix is not necessary for this recipe. 🙂 Don’t forget to join our community for more easy and healthy smoothie recipes like this one and updates from Blender Babes. Let our community know what you think of this recipe by rating it!
Cherry Vanilla Crumble Smoothie
- 3/4 - 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 6 ounces yogurt or non-dairy yogurt preferably vanilla-flavored
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pitted cherries frozen
- 1/4 cup rolled oats optional
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS CHERRIES
Cherries, which are members of the same fruit family as peaches, plums, apricots, and almonds, are often regarded as a “dessert” fruit for use in pies, or perhaps as a garnish for cocktails.
But cherries have a healthy side too, one that may actually offer therapeutic benefits to your health, as cherries are rich in antioxidants and many other health-promoting compounds.
A few health benefits:
Supports Healthy Sleep
Cherries contain natural melatonin, a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger that helps “cool down” excess inflammation and associated oxidative stress.
It also plays a vital role in sleep and bodily regeneration.
Arthritis Pain Relief
Cherries contain many anti-inflammatory compounds, and research suggests they may help to relieve pain from inflammatory osteoarthritis.
Reduce Post-Exercise Muscle Pain
Athletes who consumed tart cherry juice prior to long-distance running experienced less pain than those who did not.
It’s thought that the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of tart cherries may have a protective effect to reduce muscle damage and pain during strenuous exercise.
Recipe by Tina Haupert’s Metabolism Boosting Smoothies & Juices and used by permission of Cider Mill Press