Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
EASY VEGAN MICROWAVE PEACH COBBLER RECIPE
After the success of the Mug Cake in Everyday Happy Herbivore, Lindsay S. Nixon wondered if she could make a pie or cobbler in a mug in her microwave. She says she’s still working on the pie, but this vegan peach cobbler recipe rocks and is soooooo quick and easy with the help of your microwave! You don’t need a high speed blender, such as a Blendtech or Vitamix to mix the high fiber topping (any blender will do!), pop in the microwave for a couple minutes and enjoy.
Be sure to join our community for more quick and healthy, nutritious desserts (or filling breakfasts!) and recipes brought to you by Blender Babes! If you try this recipe, share your rating with us in comments section below! 🙂
Microwave Peach CobblerPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 peaches sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tabelspoons white whole-wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons instant oats
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats optional
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-4 tablespoons nondairy milk more with fresh peaches; frozen peaches are juicier
- 2-4 tablespoons vanilla vegan Yogurt
- Place peaches in two mugs and set aside for a few seconds to thaw peaches if they’re frozen.
- Place the rest of the ingredients except the yogurt into the blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Use the Batters/Salsa setting OR use manual speed 7 for 20 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 20 seconds. Stop machine.
- Place the oat mixture on top of the peaches and microwave on high 1-2 minutes (for one mug, 3-4 for both mugs), until the oat topping has cooked and looks a little like oatmeal.
- Top with yogurt and serve!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEACHES
Who doesn’t love a juicy, tasty peach? Peaches have been grown for centuries. They were first cultivated in China where they are considered a symbol of immortality and friendship. We consider them a key powerfood along with staples like apples and pears, we just wish they were in season longer! Here are a list of 4 health benefits that will make you want to add them to your diet too.
1. Peaches are the perfect snack food for losing weight. A peach makes you feel full and keeps you from overeating. The bonus: one peach only contains about 35-50 calories and no fat! 2. Keep the skin healthy. Vitamin A and C make peaches a great natural moisturizer; they’re often used in cosmetics. These vitamins can help regenerate skin tissue. 3. Helps prevent cancer with selenium — a mineral with antioxidant properties that may help protect cells from damage. 4. Have a diuretic effect which helps cleanse your kidneys and bladder.
And here’s a bonus benefit:
Peaches are thought to be an aphrodisiac. 😉
Excerpted with permission from Happy Herbivore by Lindsay S. Nixon. Published by BonBella Books, Inc. Images courtesy of Jackie Sobon.