Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
VERY CHERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Whether you are coming down from a long run or an intense yoga session, this very cherry banana anti-inflammatory smoothie recipe will replenish your body with the nutrients it needs. Cherries contain strong antioxidants called anthocyanins (try saying that 5 times fast). Studies suggest cherries have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce muscle inflammation after exercise. With its smooth and creamy texture, this tasty smoothie will be gone within minutes after blending it in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender (or course, you can also make this healthy smoothie recipe in a “regular” blender, just add a little liquid)! Although the almond extract is optional, I highly recommend including it in this nutritious smoothie. The almond notes bring out the brilliant flavor of the cherries!
Very Cherry Banana Smoothie
- 6 oz black cherry Greek yogurt
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup frozen tart* cherries
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 tsp almond extract optional
- Place all ingredients in your blender jar in the order listed.
- For Blendtec: Use the SMOOTHIE setting
- For Vitamix: Start of Variable Speed #1, slowly increase to Speed
- #10, then blend on high until smooth.
- Pour and enjoy immediately!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Look for tart cherry frozen packets at your local health food store, however if tart cherries are difficult to find – regular cherries worked just as well! This is more work if using fresh cherries and you don’t have a cherry pitter. For a vegan version, try subbing yogurt with a soy or coconut yogurt – or you can use a milk substitute instead.