Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
CHOCOLATE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This is a chocolate green smoothie recipe that the kids LOVE! It’s not just chocolate, its a mouthwatering blend of different flavors which you cannot resist. And with clover spouts and blueberries added to the mix, this delicious creation is also a powerhouse of nutrients and antioxidants. We have tried using chocolate coconut water and it was delicious! Try this delicious and nutritious smoothie, made easily in a high powered blender. Let’s get blending!
- 1 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup cashews OR tahini raw
- 2 bananas fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cacao powder raw
- 1 cup blueberries or blackberries, fresh or frozen
- Drizzle of honey
- 1 cup Ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
The much touted nutritional benefits or raw cacao range from reducing cataracts to improving heart function to alleviating stress. The theobromine naturally found in raw cacao is a mild, non-addictive stimulant that some believe can treat depression. It may cause the brain to produce more of a neurotransmitter called anandamide which would account for the euphoric sensation some feel when indulging in chocolate. (Source: About)
Sprouts are considered to be a wonder food. They rank as the freshest and most nutritious of all vegetables available to the human diet. By a process of natural transmutation, sprouted food acquires vastly improved digestibility and nutritional qualities when compared to non-sprouted embryo from which it derives. Sprouted foods have been part of the diet of many ancient races for thousands of years. Even to this day, the Chinese retain their fame for delicious mung bean sprouts. Sprouts provide all essential vitamins and minerals. They should form a vital component of our diet. Sprouting requires no constant care but only an occasional sprinkling of water.