Try Our Free Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
CLASSIC MARGARITA RECIPE
One of the crown jewels in the cocktail world is the Classic Margarita!
You can get restaurant quality by using a good high powered blender.
Like some of the classic French and Italian recipes every chef should know, the Margarita is something that every bartender knows.
This classic Margarita recipe is one of the easier cocktail recipes, and can be considered a “base cocktail”.
This means the recipe / formula, is the basis for many other cocktails.
It’s simplicity makes tweaking for personal tastes very easy.
Enjoy this refreshing libation on a warm afternoon poolside and let it take your mind away to that Mexican getaway you’ve been dreaming of!
Be sure to join our community for more easy Blender Babes recipes!
If you try this recipe, share your rating with our community in comments section below. Happy Blending!
Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret
- 2 shots tequila
- 1 shot triple sec
- 2 cups sweet and sour
- Dash of lime juice
- 2-4 cups of ice*
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press ICE CRUSH button or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 30-40 seconds.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds. Pour into salt-rimmed margarita glasses.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
* more ice for a frozen margarita and less for a chilled one
FUN FACTS ABOUT MARGARITAS
There’s debate over who invented the margarita, but a popular story has it invented in 1948 by socialite Margarita Sames.
According to the legend it was during a party at her cliff side hacienda in Acapulco, that Margarita began looking for something cool to cut the dust of a hot afternoon.
So she experimented by mixing Tequila Herradura, Cointreau and fresh lime juice… and apparently kept the party going for two weeks! 😀
The first frozen margarita machine was invented in 1971 and it was based on a soft-serve ice cream machine