Get FREE GIFTS for Your Health Here!
AMAZING HUMMUS RECIPE
Hummus lovers ourselves, we really like her version’s balance of flavors. As always, it’s SUPER EASY to make in a good high powered blender.
Grab some carrots, celery, or cucumbers to dip into this creamy dip, and you have the perfect healthy snack or appetizer.
Like all of our hummus recipes, this one tastes even better than buying from the store, and since you control what ingredients you add it’s a healthier option too!
Blend up a batch of this amazing hummus can last stored in your fridge for 4-5 days, although we’re sure it won’t last that long!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas liquid reserved and set aside
- 1 teaspoon Celtic salt or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 7 to 8 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reserved chickpea liquid or water
- 4 to 8 drops of tabasco sauce to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Paprika for garnish
- Add all the ingredients (except the paprika, olive oil, and salt) to your jar.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blade. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt to taste. If you use unsalted chickpeas, you may need more salt.
- Drizzle olive oil and garnish with paprika.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT CHICKPEAS
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are high in fiber and protein and have a low glycemic index; a combination perfect for making a snack that can help control your appetite by keeping you feeling fuller, longer!
Chickpeas can also help lower HDL (bad cholesterol), reducing the risk of heart disease. There are many ways chickpeas can be incorporated into recipes. They can be used in salads, stews, soups, and curries. Garam, which is chickpea flour, can even be used as an egg substitute in baked goods!