Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
KIMBERLY SNYDER’S OIL FREE RED PEPPER AND CILANTRO DRESSING RECIPE
This oil free red pepper and cilantro salad dressing by Kimberly Snyder is from her Beauty Detox Solution book and we LOVE it! It’s a low calorie dressing compared to most, and filled with nutrition and beauty detox ingredients – it’s great on a fresh veggie salad or any tossed salad and is especially good when accompanying a Mexican entree. It is a great companion to our delicious crab cakes recipe! (Pictured above) Your high powered blender is going to easily pulverize the ingredients despite not having any oil in it, however a “regular”blender can also make this dressing, although you will need to add a little more liquid.
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 red pepper seeded
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1 to mato small
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Vitamix: select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour over your favorite salad and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CILANTRO
Cilantro is featured in dishes cooked everywhere from Spain to Mexico, the Middle East to South America. The fresh leafs are often sprinkled over the tops of dishes, and the root is used in Thailand to give that distinctly powerful flavor to local dishes. You may already know that cilantro is one of the main ingredients in the salsa at your favorite Mexican restaurant. This herb isn’t just a commonly-used leaf and seed ingredient found in many tasty and exotic recipes, it’s also a powerful natural cleansing agent. Cilantro has been effectively used to help remove heavy metals and other toxic agents from the body. The herb is a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production. It is also rich in many vital vitamins including folic-acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-A, beta carotene, vitamin-C that are essential for optimum health. Vitamin-C is a powerful natural antioxidant. Cilantro leaves provides 30% of daily recommended levels of vitamin-C.