Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
VITAMIX SIMPLE CRAB CAKES RECIPE
Bet you never thought your Blendtec or Vitamix blender could make a simple crab cakes recipe even easier! Crab cakes are a tasty American traditional dish that can be served as a starter or as a main seafood dish. These crustacean cakes are popular in the New England area, but we love them just as much here on the West Coast too! This is one of the first healthy vitamix recipes we tried when we first got our blender! We no longer only eat crab cakes in restaurants now that we can make them so easily at home!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 pound 113 g white fish (cod, sole, or pike)
- 4 tablespoons 57 g mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 30 g unsalted butter
- 2 to 4 ounces 60-120 ml heavy cream
- 2 pounds 908 g lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons 6 g chopped chives
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups 216 g panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Place egg yolk, fish, mayonnaise, butter, and heavy cream into your blender container in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Use Speed 5 and blend until smooth, approx. 20 seconds. top the machine and scrape down the sides if necessary.
- For Vitamix: Select Variable 1, turn on the machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Blend for 20 seconds until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in crabmeat, chives, and lemon zest.
- Scoop 24 2-ounce balls of mixture and form into 1 1⁄2-inch x 2-inch (4 cm x 5 cm) disks. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove cakes from the refrigerator and dredge each of them in the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a sheet pan and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until center is hot.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CRAB
You may not think of crabs as a nutrient-dense food, but crabs have healthy levels of protein and many vitamins and minerals. They are an especially good source of vitamin B12, niacin, phosphorus, zinc, copper and selenium. (Source: livestrong)