Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
HEALTHY HOT ARTICHOKE-SPINACH DIP RECIPE
Prepare this healthy hot artichoke and spinach dip as an appetizer for your next get together or potluck and people will be raving about it’s delectable smell even before you take it out of the oven!
We adapted this tasty Food Network recipe to be made with a high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix but it can also be made with a food processor.
Cheesy and gooey on the inside with a crispy top layer, and the cayenne and black pepper give it just enough of a spicy kick.
This recipe scored a perfect 10 by several of our recipe testers AND all of their family members!
At only 100 calories per serving, this healthy variation has only a fraction of the calories found in restaurant versions.
Just add pita or tortilla chips and you’ll have an success on your hands!
Healthy Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip Recipe
- One 10-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts drained, squeezed dry and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Add a sprinkle of salt to a pot of water, bring to a boil.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water, set aside.
- Stir spinach and basil into the boiling water and cook for about 30 seconds, or until leaves are bright green.
- Remove leaves with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge in the ice water. Drain and squeeze dry, then roughly chop.
- Add beans, cream cheese, garlic, chicken broth, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper (to taste) to a wide-bottom blender container.
- For Blendtec: Select VARIABLE, Speed 2 and blend for 10-15 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, Speed 10/HIGH for 20-30 seconds.
- Add spinach and basil, artichokes, parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella to the container and pulse* until ingredients have been roughly incorporated.
- Mist a deep 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the dip mixture in the dish and top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella, or an additional 1/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with baked chips or pita.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ARTICHOKES
Artichokes are not everyone’s ‘go to’ vegetable, but they are definitely one of the healthiest.
Super low in calories and fat, they are jam packed with the good stuff such as fiber, folic acid, vitamin C, and potassium.
Eating artichokes can prevent constipation, can help with neural functions, assist with healthy pregnancy, and reduce cholesterol!
That’s a good reason to eat more healthy spinach artichoke dip!