Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE BANANA CHAI MUFFINS
If you thought your heart healthy diet would have you kissing baked goods goodbye, think again!
Topped with fresh strawberries or banana and your favorite nut butter, they make a perfect breakfast or healthy afternoon snack, yet drizzled with maple syrup or stuffed with chocolate nibs, they become a delicious, fiber-filled treat (NOTE: the staff at the Blender Babes test kitchen LOVED these with chocolate nibs in the mix, and topped with almond butter and sliced banana!).
Using ripened bananas and maple syrup as our sweeteners, we cut the empty calories, and with powerful blood cleansing chai spices and zinc-rich maple syrup, there is no guilt involved if they don’t make it to see tomorrow!
Using a high speed blender, such as Blendtec or Vitamix, gives these muffins the perfect consistency every time.
You can also make your own almond meal and gluten free flour.
Vegan & Gluten Free Banana Chai MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 flax "eggs" see instructions below
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ounces unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips optional for dessert muffins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal ground from raw almonds or purchased
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC), line a muffin tin with 8 liners or oil the muffin tins well (I like using coconut oil).
- Prepare flax egg: In small dish, add 5 tablespoons warm water and 2 tablespoons ground flax-seed, mix with fork to remove clumps, let rest for a few minutes
- Next add bananas, maple syrup & almond milk to to blender jar, then flax egg. For Blendtec: Use the PULSE button until well blended
- For Vitamix: Use Variable Speed 1 until well blended
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, baking powder, spices, and gluten free flour and stir until well combined.
- For Blendtec: Use the BATTERS button, stop when it's well blended (no need to finish cycle)
- For Vitamix: Use Variable Speed 4 until well blended - 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients into in your wet ingredients, and repeat previous instructions until well blended.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. They should be firm on the outside with a bit of give in the center.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes. Then remove from tin and cool all the way on a rack.
- Keep in an airtight container to preserve moisture, freeze for longer shelf life
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF FLAXSEEDS
Flaxseeds: Full of Antioxidants, Lignans, Omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber, Flaxeeds are an incredibly smart alternative to high cholesterol eggs.
Flaxseeds are the number one source of lignans, which are fiber-related polyphenols that have the benefits of both antioxidants and fiber.
Flaxseeds also retain their heart healthy ALA content at high temperatures, so baking them is a perfect way to get all their benefits.
Bananas are one of our best sources of potassium, an essential electrolyte which helps maintain normal blood pressure and protects against atherosclerosis.
Bananas contain pectin, a highly soluble fiber that can help ease constipation and normalize movement through the digestive tract.