Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
SUPER EASY SWEET POTATO OR YAM SOUP RECIPE
You won’t believe how tasty and easy this super healthy sweet potato or yam soup is to make.
I enjoy it with either sweet potato or yam, and definitely prefer it with fresh ginger over ground… but as Blender Babes like to say “Use what you got”! 😉
You will not be disappointed with the satisfying rich and creamy texture, minus the calories of a typical cream soup.
The perfect appetizer soup or a complete meal, cut the recipe in half for a big single serve bowl.
By using a high powered blender this recipe only takes about 8 to 10 minutes start to finish, which includes cooking the sweet potato or yam in the microwave vs baking.
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth OR veggie broth
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes with skin
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander or cumin
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds optional
- Microwave yam/sweet potato in saran wrap 6-8 minutes each OR bake 350° to 400° (176° to 204°) until soft, about 35-40 min
- Add all ingredients including potato to blender jar (see note)
- For Blendtec: (90oz Wildside Jar) Press the SOUP button
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: (64oz jar) Start on variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Speed 10/High. Blend for approximately 1.5 minutes.
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle sliced almonds and coriander.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter my weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
SWEET POTATO HEALTH BENEFITS
Sweet potatoes are a rich in iron as well as magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
Magnesium is necessary for healthy blood, artery, heart, bone, muscle, and nerve function, however experts estimate that about 80 percent of the North American population might be deficient in this important mineral.