SKINNY CILANTRO LIME DRESSING RECIPE
We just can’t find enough ways to use this sweet and tangy “skinny” cilantro lime dressing. Our simple recipe is like none other: it is the perfect addition to a salad, tastes great as a marinade, you may even mistake it for one of our juices!
Blender Babe Tarashaun tested this recipe with and without avocado and prefers the creamy texture of the avocado-added version. This does add 60 calories and 5 grams of fat to the entire recipe, but only about 1/4 of that ends up on any individual salad, so keep that in mind if you are seeking a “Skinny” recipe!
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon celtic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: 1/4 ripe avocado*
- Place everything except the olive oil to your jar.
- For Blendtec: Press the DRESSINGS/BATTERS button. Add the olive oil, secure lid and press the PULSE button 2-3x until well combined.
- For Vitamix: select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase to VARIABLE, speed #10. Blend for 25-30 seconds, then decrease to variable speed 3. Remove the lid plug and stream in the olive oil until combined.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
Cilantro is rich in antioxidants, essential oils, fiber, and vitamins, helping to reduce LDL cholesterol and simultaneously increasing HDL or “good cholesterol” levels.
A serving of cilantro provides over 200% DRI of Vitamin-A and Vitamin-K, and has been shown to have analgesic, anti-spasmodic and fungicidal properties. Limes have special antioxidants called flavonol glycosides.
These flavonoids have been shown to stop cell division in many cancer cell lines, and have strong antibiotic effects. Raw honey can counter allergies in some sufferers, and is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral. It even has effects comparable to over the counter antibiotic creams when applied to the skin.