Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
PINEAPPLE ICE CREAM GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This delicious pineapple ice cream green smoothie is so mouth watering and completely UN-kale-tasting, and it tastes just like pineapple ice cream! The original recipe by one of our FAVORITE food bloggers The Blender Girl, calls for water and unsweetened coconut, but you can easily substitute with store bought or fresh coconut milk (preferred) or for a non vegan version, use regular milk and vanilla yogurt. If using fresh pineapple, make sure to leave the core in the pineapple, it’s the most nutritious part and can be easily pulverized with a Vitamix or Blendtec blender. If you use frozen pineapple and/or banana, you will get more of a milkshake like texture with this smoothie recipe. DELICIOUS!
- 1 cup 8 ounces coconut water or milk, or filtered water
- 1/2 to 1 cup kale leaves 2 to 3 large leaves
- 2 cups ripe pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1 bananas - fresh or frozen
- 1/8 cup raw cashews or hazelnuts
- 2 pitted dates or more depending on fruit ripeness
- 1/8 cup dried unsweetened coconut optional
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder optional
- Pinch of Celtic salt
- 1 cup ice if using fresh fruit
- Place all the ingredients in the jar in the order listed.
- For Vitamix: Start on variable speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip high. Blend until smooth (about 1 minute)
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE Button (if using frozen bananas, may have to run twice OR use the soup button)
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KALE
Kale also contains powerful antioxidants that help protect against certain cancers such as ovarian cancer. Kale is an excellent green to use for detox smoothies as it has cleansing properties. The nutrients in kale help protect against cataracts while promoting healthy lungs, cardiovascular health and boosts the immune system. Kale has anti-inflammatory properties making it an excellent food for those with rheumatoid arthritis.