Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
REFRESHING DAIRY-FREE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
This delicious blueberry ice cream recipe is perfect and refreshing for those warm days or nights when you’re craving something sweet and healthy!
Blueberries have a very sweet taste that you can enjoy just by eating them alone or combined with many other products for a healthy and sweet treat. We absolutely LOVE this tasty and healthy, low-calorie ice cream made with the #2 best cancer-preventing food on the planet.
We made this a dairy-free version by using a non-dairy creamer, but of course, your favorite milk substitute, regular milk, or more creamy half and a half can be used as well.
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO OF THIS DAIRY-FREE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more blender videos!
Note: The Blender Babes now wear Activewear
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer or half and half
- Sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup Ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM button.
- Vitamix: Start on variable speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to speed #10, then to HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form at the top. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT BLUEBERRIES
Blueberries are not only popular but also repeatedly ranked in the U.S. diet as having one of the highest antioxidant capacities among all fruits, vegetables, spices, and seasonings.
Antioxidants are essential to optimizing health by helping to combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA.
If you want to maximize your antioxidant benefits from blueberries, go organic!
Organically grown blueberries have significantly higher concentrations of total phenol antioxidants and total anthocyanin antioxidants than conventionally grown blueberries, as well as significantly higher total antioxidant capacity.