Try our FREE Juice Detox!
FROZEN BERRY CHERRY POPS RECIPE
There’s nothing better on a hot summer day than an icy cool popsicle treat! These fruit-filled pops will not only delight your taste buds with their bold, fruity flavor but they’ll also nourish your body with healthy ingredients (without the added sugar!) They’re a rush of antioxidants and they’re also creamier than commercial fruit bars, which include more ice, making them much more satisfying.
Avoid the mess by whipping them up in a Blendtec or Vitamix blender and join our community for more cool treats and easy recipes from Blender Babes! Share your rating below if you try this one at home!
Frozen Berry Cherry PopsPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 banana
- Grease your popsicle molds with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, Speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, Speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks and continue freezing overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- Remove from freezer in the morning and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
FUN FACTS AND HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHERRIES
When you eat cherries, you enjoy much more than just their amazing taste. They’re packed with antioxidants and offer many health benefits, including help with insomnia, joint pain and belly fat. Cherries could be just what the doctor ordered. Some other health benefits include:
1. Protection from Diabetes
Sweet cherries have a lower glycemic index of 22, lower than apricots (57), grapes (46), peaches (42), blueberries (40) or plums (39). This makes them a better choice of a fruit snack compared with many other fruits, especially for diabetics.
2. Good for the Heart
Cherries are very high in potassium, which helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure and reduces the risk of hypertension. The phytosterols in cherries help reduce bad cholesterol levels.
3. Slows the Aging of Skin
Cherries have the highest antioxidant level of any fruit. Antioxidants help the body fight the free radicals that make us look old. Drinking one glass of tart cherry juice daily slows down the aging process, according to Scientists from the Michigan State University. Cherry juice is also recommended as an alternative treatment for other skin conditions.
Excerpted with permission from Kitchen Cures by Peggy Kotsopoulos. Published by Pintail a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company.