Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
HEALTHY EASY PISTACHIO ICE CREAM RECIPE
This is a quick and healthy pistachio ice cream recipe that will please all the members of your family!
Avocado is the star in this green, healthy, and good for you ice cream!
With its healthy fats, low sugar, fiber and protein content, you won’t feel guilty about indulging in this frozen treat!
To make this pistachio ice cream recipe vegan like one of our recipe testers did, chill a can of full fat coconut milk and use the thick part instead of half and half.
This quick blender ice cream recipe is perfect for warm weather… to keep cool, fresh, and good for your body!
You can also try making healthy green popsicles out of it!
Use a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency, and join our community for more healthy ice cream recipes from Blender Babes and our friends! If you try this recipe, please let our community know by rating it in the comments. HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
Pistachio Ice Cream RecipePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3/4 cup half and half OR vegan 1 can full fat coconut milk (chilled overnight, thick part only)
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp raw sweetener* such as coconut sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1 cup fresh spinach lightly packed
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/3 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- Add all ingredients except pistachios to high speed blender,secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM button and stop when consistency you like OR blend on a Low speed for 15 seconds, then on a Medium to Medium-High speed until consistency you like (about 30 seconds).
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn on machine and blend on Speed 2 for 15 seconds, then on Speed 7 for 30 seconds. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades. Turn blender off.
- Add the pistachios.
- For Blendtec: "Pulse" 2-7 times depending on the consistency you like.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and off 2-4 times to pulse in the pistachios while using the tamper to push the pistachios into the blades.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a bowl or Tupperware and freeze until desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“I loved the flavor and texture of the ice cream.
If I wanted a harder ice cream I can see using heavy cream or freeze it for 30-60 mins.
It would taste yummy with some chocolate drizzle and whip cream too. Or with a vanilla cake!” and “My mom in law, two little sisters, and I LOVED it so much that we couldn’t stop eating it.
Sisters think it is the actual real ice cream 😉 (win win) Mom in law couldn’t believe that it has Spinach and Avocado in it!” and “Will make this ice cream recipe for next gathering in the summer for friends to enjoy after the BBQ Party at my house, can’t wait!
Perfect for those people like myself that loves a crunchy and nutty flavor in their ice creams!” and “Smelled great, flavor amazing.
I gave husband a bite and told him what was in it after. He was shocked and said are you kidding?”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADO
They are often called butter pears or alligator pears, but avocados resemble pears in shape only.
The buttery smooth texture and high fat content of this fruit are unique among fruits.
This native of Central and South America has been cultivated since about 8,000 BC.
Some people avoid avocados because of thier high fat content, but most of it is healthy, monounsaturated fat. Avocados have a positive effect on cholesterol, showing that persons that ate an avocado a day had an average 17% decline in total cholesterol.
Also avocados are high in carotenoid lutein, which is important in maintaining healthy vision.