Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
BEGINNER’S GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
A green smoothie is when greens are blended in with a fruit smoothie, in a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered commercial blender. Green smoothies provide a powerhouse of nutrients that will help to satisfy your cravings as you go throughout the day.
As you drink them, your cravings for greens will go up while your cravings for junk will go down! In this easy green smoothie for beginners, we start you off lightly with some leaves of lettuce and nutritious strawberries.
Remember the color wheel, and that red plus green make brown, so don’t be surprised when this green smoothie isn’t the greenest, but it sure will taste good. If you have any little ones or visually challenged, put this green smoothie in a colorful cup!
Beginner's Green SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup water filtered
- 2 bananas fresh or frozen, peeled
- 1/2 bunch romaine washed and chopped (or green leaf or red leaf lettuce)
- 1 cup Strawberries unsweetened, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANAS
Bananas are believed to have first appeared in Malaysia around 4,000 years ago, after which they spread to India, Africa, and parts of Europe. Portuguese explorers introduced bananas to the Americas in 1482. Today, the main banana producing countries include Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Mexico.
Studies show that a diet containing potassium-rich foods such as bananas lowers blood pressure and also reduces risk of stroke. Eating high-fiber foods, such as bananas, reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease by twelve percent and eleven percent, respectively.