ENTER our latest Blender Giveaway!
HOMEMADE SKINNY PUMPKIN PIE ICE CREAM
This delicious homemade ice cream tastes just like pumpkin pie and with an extra protein boost, you won’t believe it’s skinny!
Sweet, creamy, and guilt-free, if you want something indulgent and seasonal, then look no further.
Also keeping with the homemade theme, you could use the fresh pumpkin puree we showed you how to make during the season!
Make sure to use a frozen banana to keep this nice and thick.
Your blendtec or vitamix blender can easily whip these ingredients into a healthy ice cream, or for a tasty milkshake just use less ice.
- 1/4 cup reduced fat milk OR full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons honey raw OR maple syrup
- 1/2 banana must be frozen
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder OR nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups ice cubes to serve immediately
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM button. When you see mounds form (approx. 30 seconds) stop machine, do not overblend.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 20-30 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately,
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
For hard ice cream (not soft serve) omit the ice when blending, blend for 20 seconds only, then put in the freezer for a couple hours until hardened.
It's about 80 calories per half cup
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN
The bright orange flesh of a pumpkin is loaded with key minerals and much needed fiber for better digestion.
Most people don’t realize that pumpkin is a GREAT source of potassium – with 10 percent of your daily requirement – move over banana!
One cup of pumpkin puree also provides 7.1 grams of fiber – combined with potassium to support healthy digestion.
Not only that, 1 cup also gives you 3.4 grams of iron and tons of vitamin A, both boosting your immune system.
Pumpkin has also been reported to reduce inflammation, which can lead to many chronic conditions, including Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.