Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
EASY BROCCOLI SALAD WITH LEMON TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE
If you’re vegan and like to find recipes that appeal to your omnivorous family but still satisfy your diet, this recipe is the perfect middle ground since everyone will love it! It is light yet filling and it tastes decadent.
The cherries and sunflower seeds are a great addition, but other seeds or fruits in season or that you have on hand can easily be swapped. This recipe is too easy and delicious for others not to try! It is also the perfect take-along dish for picnics or potlucks. Increase the recipe, and you will have more than enough to share. Your taste buds with think broccoli slaw, while your body says “heart healthy“!
Avoid the mess by whipping them up in a Blendtec or Vitamix blender.
Broccoli Salad with Lemon Tahini DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 1 small/medium head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 handful of dried unsulphured tart cherries (you can get from local farmers' market)
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 4 Tbsp raw tahini
- 1 lime juice of
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 4 tsp coconut aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- optional add water for desired consistency
- Place sunflower seeds and cherries into medium size bowl and set aside.
- Place broccoli and onion into blender jar and PULSE* 5 or 6 times. Pour into bowl with seeds & cherries.
- Place ingredients in blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: DRESSINGS button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #6. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour over the broccoli salad and mix in well. The longer it sits the more flavorful it will be.
- Buon appetito!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TAHINI
Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. It’s extremely versatile as it can be used in cooking sweet and savory dishes. Even better, it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals!
- It’s rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- It’s a good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
- It’s one of the best sources of calcium you can find.
- It’s high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- Helps to promote healthy cell growth.
- Prevents anemia.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
- It has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts.
- It’s easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is great for assisting in weight loss.
- It is high in unsaturated fat (good fat!)