Get Recipes Like This In My e-Cookbook Bundle! 🙂
INSTANT VEGAN FRUIT SORBET
I love banana “nice cream”, but this banana-free sorbet recipe is a refreshing change.
I made it with peaches, and the flavors of a vegan peach sorbet is perfectly sweet and tart – and a wonderful way to use the last of your summer peaches!
What I love about this recipe, is really any fruit can be substituted to make an easy sorbet in your blender – whether in season or not, you can use frozen fruit and make a frozen treat in seconds.
If you are using fresh fruit, make sure to add lots of ice and check out these tips for making ice cream in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender.
- 1 cup your favorite vegan milk substitute unsweetened
- 1 pound frozen unsweetened fruit
- 1/4 cup sweetener to taste or 4 to 5 dates*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups ice if using fresh fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM button.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
SORBET HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Sherbert vs Sorbet – yeah you think it’s like Potatoooohh or Potaaaahhto – but no it’s not.
Sorbets are friendly to lactose intolerant people since they don’t contain any dairy products.
Although sherbert vs sorbet are similar in texture and base ingredients, sherberts can also contain milk, gelatin, or eggwhites.
Most grocery store sherberts use 1 to 2 percent milkfat or cream.
So if you are trying out a new vegan lifestyle or want to avoid dairy – then you definitely want to go for a sorbet.