Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This easy strawberry banana smoothie recipe is loved by adults and kids alike. It is one of the most popular low calorie and low fat smoothie recipes in the world and is usually one of the first smoothie recipes that people first make. It is also perfect for a healthy breakfast on the go! You can use either water or apple juice. The latter adds more sweetness, or to keep calories low try half water and half juice. This strawberry banana smoothie is a great intro to smoothies and a perfect and easy low fat way to get in your daily fruit intake – and is easily made in a high powered blender!
Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret Swimwear
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 8 ounces filtered water or apple juice
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE 10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Strawberries are the most popular berry in the world for good reason! They are juicy, sweet, fragrant, easy to eat, and they look like little hearts. Wild strawberries have grown for millennia: The ancient Romans enjoyed them, and during the Middle Ages people valued them for medicinal and dietary reasons.
Strawberries are a source of various phytonutrients. The anthocyanins are potent antioxidants that help protect the body’s organs against cell damage. The combination of high vitamin C content and phytonutrients makes strawberries a good choice for preventing and fighting bacterial, viral, and fungal infections such as colds, flu, and ear infections. Strawberries are also a great source of fiber!