Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
BANANA NUT BUTTER SPREAD RECIPE
Try this banana nut spread on top of banana bread, cupcakes, or spread over a piece of toast in the morning.
It would also be a delicious dollop on top of oatmeal! This is a super simple recipe for your Blendtec or Vitamix blender, but you could do it in a “regular” blender too with some added liquid (milk substitute of choice).
Four simple ingredients combine to make a sweet and buttery spread, and you can also try a variation by adding 1 Tbsp of raw cacao and 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
We also like using this spread and topping it with freshly sliced bananas.
Not your average peanut butter and jelly sandwich! YUMMMM… Possibilities are endless! This delicious banana nut butter spread will last just a couple of days in the fridge and will brown over, so stir it up before you dig in!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Any time you can squeeze in an extra banana is a good time to do so! Raw foodists advocate going on a “banana island” where one eats ONLY bananas to regulate and re-balance the digestive system.
Why? Because they’re amazingly healthy for you. Here are just a few benefits of eating ripe bananas: Bananas have high levels of tryptophan, which converts to serotonin in the brain, warding off depression.
Bananas also prevent cramps during and after workouts, fight calcium loss during urinations and build strong bones, and reduce PMS symptoms by regulating blood sugar levels.
Bananas are also a plant-based source of iron, which strengthens the blood and relieves anemia.
Bananas are one of the best foods to protect the heart against stroke or heart attack because they are high in potassium and have very low sodium.
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons nut/seed butter peanut, almond, cashew or sunflower
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the ingredients in your blender jar in the order listed.
- For Blendtec: Run the BATTERS cycle.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable, Speed 1, and ramp up to Variable, Speed 5 and blend for approximately 30 seconds. Use the tamper if needed.
- Enjoy within two days! Stir before using, as the top will brown in the fridge.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!